Tuesday, September 20, 2005

.Mac Updated

Finally, Apple have updated .Mac. Most notible features are:
Backup 3:

At last Backup is a decent competitor on the data backup market. Backing up multiple macs to the same iDisk will be my favorite feature I think, really useful if you have a iBook/Powerbook and a desktop iMac/Powermac.
The interface feels more like a real app, rather than some kind of Applescript front-end. There are also a lot more 'default' backup items for quick backups of common data, such as mail messages, app settings, keychains etc.

And my other favourite has to be...

iDisk:
The iDisk now has a 1GB 'minimum' size, so anyone with the 250mb iDisk now has 1GB to play with. Which brings .Mac to a level with other off-site disk providers. Sure it's not exactly a dedicated server, but the level of integration with the OS is unparalleled in any other service.




These were the only things I was waiting for, I've not had a chance to look at this new 'Groups' thing. Still, .Mac is now better value for money, which makes me happier for spending the money on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home