Sunday, April 16, 2006

Ireland and beyond...

Got back from Ireland on Friday morning, it was a supprisingly good holiday actually, I was expecting to be sitting around the hotel, wandering the streets and trailing behind my parents as they went house-hunting over there. More or less as soon as I arrived we had a phonecall from my mum's cousin to say that their daughter (my second-cousin) had been planning a night out in Westport for me to come along to. This showed a new side to Westport that I've not seen before, a nightlife that doesn't involve two pubs full of creepy old men. Instead there are a host of new vibrant bars, clubs and pubs filled with younger generations. Sure there were still the odd creepy people there, but they didn't bother us too much. I discovered Bulmers Cider (sold as Magners over here) as a good refreshing drink, depite me not liking 'ordinary' ciders.
I didn't take many photos, but there is an 'Éire 2006' set on Flickr you may want to browse.

Tomorrow I'm off to Somerset with a University field trip. It's probably going to suck since it's a Geology field trip. I just know I'll be following our slightly-alcoholic lecturer around the Mendips looking at rocks. Nevermind, I'm sure we'll make our own fun.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where're your euro notes?
Maybe in Finland or Greece!
Track them in: http://www.eurobilltracker.com/?referer=84745

3:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home